Published on: 31st October, 2019 Onyx Projects Involvement on Significant Bauxite Project in the South West
Onyx Projects is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the detailed engineering, planning and construction management support for a significant bauxite mining project in the South West. The project involves the relocation of the bauxite mine’s primary crusher to a new mining area. The project scope includes the following key elements:
• New 8.5km overland conveyor with tie in to existing facilities
• New crusher area including retaining walls, tip circle, tip bridge, drainage and relocation of the crusher, conveyor transfer station & ancillary equipment
• New facilities area including production offices, heavy vehicle / light vehicle maintenance and fuelling facilities, contractors area, heavy vehicle and light vehicle parking
• New infrastructure including 50ML water storage reservoir, waste water management system for capture and reuse, sewage treatment, HV/LV substations, communications, water supply, water treatment and security systems
• New heavy vehicle and light vehicle roads
Onyx Projects recently completed the successful delivery of the project’s definitive feasibility study under very tight schedule constraints (delivering the study in half the standard timeline).